[brailleblaster] Progress on GUI

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:46:35 -0400

Hi, besides the import feature it looks like the core issue here is to
put smarts in the editing and translating features, in order to make
sure we can edit and preserve all of the formatting and paging of the
original text and the translated part.

When importing files we will have the content coming in with basic
HTML markup such as meta, head, body, headings, paragraphs and table
tags, also formatting tags like <i> and <b>. We can use louisutdml to
convert that to UTD as if we had opened a UTD file. Things will get
tricky if we want to be able to import content and add it to an
existing open file, or if users want to copy and paste content in the
daisy view. But I think we should start with basic formatting
features.

Hanxiao: where are you with the text displaying and editing features?

François.