[brailleblaster] Re: Internet connection required?

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:35:20 +0000

Hi Vic and John.

Most of the DAISY files I have encountered do use a "PUBLIC" URL for the DTD
and these do fail. We could make them ignore that but it would cause other
problems. The DTD is what is used to determine, among other things, what
whitespace is part of the document.

Some of them do use a "system" DTD which means that the DTD is somewhere on the
local file system, usually in the directory with the book. I haven't worked
with Word-to-DAISY and so don't know what if anything you might do to force it
to use a system DTD.

You can of course edit it by hand. The system DTD declaration, actually a
"processing instruction" looks like:

<!doctype dtbook SYSTEM "dtbook-2005-3.dtd">

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind
KCreasy@xxxxxxx