[brailleblaster] Re: Hanxiao's display example

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:26:37 -0400

John: Thanks. We can probably use Hanxio's approach to build a
prototype, but we should make provision for the more complex functions
as we build a foundation. Locking is feasible, as are other features
if we have a flexible structure for the text editing functions. Which
means that if we save the information in the text part of UTDML we can
easily reproduce the styles and other text features each time we open
the file to do embossing or further editing. I looked at how products
like DBT work and I think we can offer similar functions. DBT uses its
own proprietary file format, while BB will use an XML-based file for
openness.

Let me know if it makes sense, my brains is bubbling with ideas.

François.