[brailleblaster] Re: Embosser Drivers

  • From: Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:58:22 -0800

Hi John,

What if the embosser driver requires other parameters, such as a user name or
password?

Will Braille Blaster display additional parameters in a dialog, after the
"Emboss" button has been pressed.

If not, should we provide the ability for drivers to present such a dialog as
part of the driver integration process?

Regards,
Alex,

On 2010-11-30, at 2:16 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

> The first driver to be developed will of course be the generic driver,
> unless we can pick up some drivers from vendors. All the drivers will be
> in the package embosserdrivers. When something is to be embossed, a
> method in the DriverManager will be called with a String containing the
> name of the embosser and either a file or a byte stream. The latter will
> already have been translated and formatted. The DriverManager will call
> the driver for the appropriate embosser. Each driver will have a class
> of its own.

> Abilitiessoft, Inc.

Alex Jurgensen,
VoiceOver Trainer,