[brailleblaster] Re: DAISY Pipeline

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 12:30:00 +0000

Hi Vic.

I finally got around to looking at these. I'm a little disappointed in the
output using the Pipeline. They didn't even include ID's on the elements.
Otherwise the content seems to be much the same.

If anything the Pipeline output might be worse to deal with since they
apparently tried to "pretty" up the XML with line breaks and indentions, even
within that first paragraph.

As much as I hate having to parse and re-parse the XML we may end up having to
do some pre-processing to clean things up before it goes to LibLouisUTDML. I'll
have to think about that.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind