[brailleblaster] Creating and editing liblouis tables and liblouisutdml files

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 06:44:35 -0500

There has been some discussion about BrailleBlaster blasses to create or
modify liblouisutdml configuration and semantic-action files. It would
also be nice to have a class for creating or modifying liblouis tables.

The "resources" directory for BrailleBlaster is the programData
directory, of course. I also set up a folder in the BRLBLST directory
called userProgramData and a method in the fileUtils class that looks
for files first in that folder and then in the built-in programData
folder. These should still be in newDesign. Files created or modified by
the user would go in userProgramData .

I might be interested in writing the classes to deal with liblouis
tables and liblouisutdml files. However, I would like to see an example
of how something similar is done using SWT. There are over a hundred
liblouis opcodes and something like 60 liblouisutdml connfiguration
settings. opcodes have a fairly standard format, though there are some
variations. Configuration settings may require a numerical value or a
choice between various possible values, like the formatFor setting. If
someone can find an example of how this kind of data is handled with SWT
that would be a good start. It doesn't, of course, have to have anything
to do with BrailleBlaster or the liblouis* specifications.

Thanks,