[brailleblaster] Re: BrailleBlaster under Linux

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 00:37:11 -0400

John,

First of all, welcome back. I hope your week away was enjoyable.

No I haven't gotten around to trying to build under Ubuntu yet. If the
errors are significant, I can get them for you. I will probably wait until I
build the latest.

I installed Vinux 4. This was really easy with speech. I don't know if
Braille would have worked or not. The live DVD came up talking and asked me
if I wanted to install or run from the DVD. The whole install was very
simple. Orca is working great. This is the easiest version of Linux I have
ever played with. I now have Mercurial and Subversion installed and am
probably going to try to build liblouis and liblouisutdml later today. The
*.so files are the ones that correspond to the *.dll files in Windows,
right?

More to come later!

Best regards from Ohio,

Vic