[brailleblaster] BrailleBlaster error under Linux

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 09:05:59 -0400

John,

I have liblouis, liblouisutdml and BB NewDesign compiling fine in Vinux.
When I run the "java -jar brailleblaster.jar" command in the terminal
window, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String
index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1911)
        at
org.brailleblaster.wordprocessor.BBToolBar.<init>(BBToolBar.java:59)
        at
org.brailleblaster.wordprocessor.WPManager.<init>(WPManager.java:91)
        at org.brailleblaster.Main.main(Main.java:55)

I downloaded the swt.jar file from the website for 64-bit Linux. Is this the
newer swt.jar file? Shouldn't it work?

I am using the same jliblouisutdml.jar file that I was using in Windows. I
don't think it has changed recently. Shouldn't that work?

The program doesn't even come up. When I try to launch it from the terminal,
it never comes up and this error appears in the terminal window.

Suggestions?

Best regards from Ohio,

Vic