[brailleblaster] BrailleBlaster Update

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:17:02 +0000

I'm sorry if this is a repeated post but I am not sure it went the first time...

Please find an update for BrailleBlaster at:

http://beta.aph.org/BrailleBlaster-dev-installer.exe

Note the name change. This is the "development" installer. Beginning in March
there may also be "beta" and "release" installers. This should make it easier
for us to keep them straight and allow users to live as close to the cutting
edge as they wish.

In this version there are quite a few bug fixes and some enhancements. We are
particularly interested in the following:

1.       The new "Book" tree view that lets users explore and navigate the book
by headings.

2.       MathML-to-Nemeth translation. There is an example file at the
BrailleBlaster web site that may be helpful. We'll try to make other samples
available.

3.       The style panel has been greatly improved.

4.       Improvements to the image description perspective.

5.       BrailleBlaster should automatically use the correct configuration for
EPUB and Nimas.

Thanks all.

Keith