[braille-sense] Braille Sense comments

  • From: "Anne, K1stm" <anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:30:25 -0500

My goodness.  I don't receive much mail on this address so was surprised to
get all the Braille Sense stuff.  I was beginning to wonder if the list was
still active!

Okay.  Why did I choose the Braille Sense?  I've been a Braille 'n Speak
user for years and have been experiencing crashes and lots of trouble with
my 2000 so I contacted my rehab counsellor at the Connecticut Services for
the Blind.  The technologist contacted me and said the department would
purchase a note-taker for me and suggested the Braille Sense.  I knew
nothing about the unit at the time so she brought one to show me.  I was
impressed but wanted to see the Braille Note and Pac-Mate to compare the
different options.  I was not totally impressed with the Braille Note and I
heard that the Pac-Mate is known for frequent crashes and data loss which
cannot happen.  The Braille Note does not have a network card for the
Internet; the Braille Sense does.  I like the braille display more on the
BS.  I looked at the three note-takers and decided the BS would be good for
me.  I like its size and features.  So, the state Board of Education and
Services for the Blind ordered it.  It's coming around 10:00 Monday morning.
You can count on a report some time Monday!

Hope that answered some of the questions and many thanks for all your good
wishes.

BTW, I was on the GW-info list for a while but the volume was too much for
me.

Anne West
anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx