[botswanapredatorforum] from Kevin Leo Smith

  • From: "Rebecca Klein" <rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:59:27 +0200

Hi Hanlie and All

I assume this is reaching the whole list:

I am now living in Johannesburg so no longer in Maun since Aug 2006. I do believe that the tourism industry needs to work much more closely with the researchers (like some companies do already) so this is a general statement. I also believe it is in the mutual interests of both the researchers and the industry to be mutually informed so I am happy to endorse both formal and informal get togethers between the industry and researchers. In fact the ideal time would be the annual HATAB open season event when many of the industry leaders are gathered in one town (normally Kasane or Maun) anyhow.

Ideal would be a day before the actual HATAB event when researchers get a chance to formally present their plans, work and results to the gathering and then follow this with a discussion as I am sure this will prove valuable to both parties. I hope HATAB picks this up with the researchers. I believe this predator forum should have every person working in the safari industry in Botswana as a member too.

---
Regards
Kevin Leo-Smith
kleosmith@xxxxxx
Cell - +2772 264 9113
Twitter: @kevinleosmith
Skype: sfm.kevin   AIM/iChat: kleosmith@xxxxxx

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill