[bookshare-discuss] Re: word use

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:49:09 -0500

Here's another that I came across today.  I suspect this one was a victim
of the auto correction feature in whatever OCR package was used.  The book
is an alternate history, or fantasy, by the name of "Terrible Swift Sword."

   He reached down and brought the Whitworth sniper
rifle up. He pulled the tampon out of the
muzzle, then looked carefully at the six-sided
bore to make sure no fragment of wood
or speck of dirt was in the bore.

Somehow I think tampion or tompion would be more fitting, but I guess it's
not surprising the OCR spell checker balked at it, as my e-mail spell
checker doesn't like them either.

Dave