[bookshare-discuss] scanning software

  • From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:54:33 -0500

Hi all,
I've been interested for a long time in scanning books (for my own purposes as
well as for bookshare) but after checking the different scanning software,
(Open Book etc.) I realized how costly they are.  Do any of you visually
impaired members out there know of any financial assistance one can receive in
order to purchase technology for the blind? I understand why it is so expensive
but to me, $1000 seems like a lot to spend on software.  I'd be interested
to know if their are any organizations who provides loans or grants to support
this type of thing.  Thanks.
Lisa