[bookshare-discuss] Re: page breaks

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:29:23 -0400

Hi Mary,

I use a Braillenote as well, but need to ask a couple of questions.

1. Do you have the following settings in Kurzweil.

Blank pages kept.

2. Do you do the following on the Braillenote?

Do you translate the file to grade II braille before reading and editing.

The page breaks should be indicated by the Ed sign then a F, why I have no
idea, but that is what they are represented on.

Keep the files in a rtf or text format, don't translate to braille.

The only other thing I can think you are doing is.

Do you scan two pages at once but not turn on "Recognize 2 pages per scan"

Also how do you return the books to the rtf format.

Do you use File manager, then Translation Menu, Export document?

Just some things to think of.

But if you see that ed sign then f, that is the page breaks.

I know that my Braillenote does retain the page breaks and everything else
in the file.  I have a Braillenote QT.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx