[bookshare-discuss] Re: new member, naive question

  • From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:19:03 -0600

There is another way.  You can open the html file, give it a little time to
load, go the the end of the file to make sure you have it all, then save as
txt and read it on your computer as you would anyother file.  It's
cumbersome, but at least you get the book.
There is a problem with marking your place.  Someone on this site or another
gave me a great idea.  Use a nonsense word, like starhere, that you can
always look up with the find feature.  Be sure to erace it when you've found
your place. You can do this with .txt files, not .html files.
I know it's a strange system, but worked for me till I got my bookport.
Happy reading.