[bookshare-discuss] more triumphs

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:42:22 -0500

Hello, everyone,

Bookshare should be very proud of itself this year, both for publisher and
volunteer contributions.  I want to mention a couple of things that have
happened during the last couple of days.

I got an email from an entity called Public Radio Market, with what they
consider the best fiction books of 2011.  I think that a couple of titles
were nonfiction, though.  The ten books all had Buy links.

I checked Bookshare, and six of them were available.

Second, Robert Massie was on the Diane Rehm show today, discussing his new
book,= about Catherine the Great.  I checked immediately, and Bookshare has
it!

The most remarkable thing that Bookshare does, in my opinion, is to make
books available at the same time as the general public.