[bookshare-discuss] more on Judy S's librarian and children's and young adults books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

I'm 71 and I love reading Young Adult fiction and
books for grades 4 -6 and junkor high, especially the
ones that have been written since my children's time.
I use validating as an excuse, and have discovered
some authors whose books in series I've gone on to
read. I read a wonderful fictionalized version of Lady
Jane Gray.

Which brings me to another point. I've calmed down a
bit, and Judy, if you don't want to be confrontational
but are willing to be deceptive and educational, you
can always use this as an opportunity to teach the
librarian about bookshare and tell her that the books
aren't for you, they're for the young members of
bookshare.

Cindy