[bookshare-discuss] Re: missing synopsis on many books

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:07:53 -0800

I think you can do that if you're registered as a volunteer, but not otherwise. I haven't read all the stuff I got last night about all the things volunteers can do and how to do them, but I'm pretty sure there's a mechanism for updating and correcting book information

I know what you mean, though. It's a little irritating to read a title that sounds interesting only to read down a little and find 'synopsis: none'. It doesn't take that much effort to write something 250 characters or less about a submitted book. Luckily, it seems that more recently submitted books usually come with at least a short synopsis. Of the 100 books on the New Books list at the moment, only four of them lack any synopsis. Unfortunately for me, three of them are Science Fiction by authors whose names I recognize. <smile>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver@xxxxxxxxxx>