[bookshare-discuss] magazines

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:10:44 -0400

Hi everyone,

I would also like to see Bookshare carry more magazines.  We are assuming
that Bookshare must get magazines either from Newsline, or they must be
scanned manually.  Could Bookshare make independent agreements with
publishers, as they have for the O'reilly books?

I have been glad to see the New Yorker on a sporadic basis.  I really
haven't looked at the Economist.

The magazine I would most like to see is the New Republic.  It has very
thoughtful articles about politics.

I would also like to see a good magazine that focuses on U.S. business news,
such as Business Week.  NLS used to provide Fortune.  I would read it for
the business news articles.  I think it was dropped because much of the
magazine had become advice for middle management.  Kiplinger's Personal
Finance is a good offering, but it doesn't contain business.

Also, I don't believe NLS provides any magazines concerning pets.  A lot of
us have guide dogs or other animals in our lives.