[bookshare-discuss] history books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:26:05 -0500

I am fixing the subject line so those less interested in history can skip the thread. My tastes run toward biographies and autoBiographies OR FIRST PERSON ACCOUNTS OF EVENTS rather than surveys. The first person accounts and autobiographies are always biased but so is all historical writing. The closer you can get to primary source material the more you have to think about aspects of history for yourself. I do not have time to list books right now but will send ideas for authors and titles later. In the meantime, you can put in names of famous people who may have written accounts of events and put together a list of what bookshare has. Please do keep a list if you can and perhaps bookshare can use it as a resource for other students of history.

Do have fun.
E.
At 12:09 PM 2/13/2009, you wrote:
Yes, More did mean similar as in books that survey world history and civilization. to count, and they're all interesting.
Kelby