[bookshare-discuss] Re: for mystery fans: Eye of the Law, #5 of the Burren mysteries is being readied for the collection

  • From: Lara Long <laral@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:59:00 -0800

Thanks Tammy – We did see it and are thrilled to see Amazon making some moves
in the right direction!

Now if they will just make the Kindle a self-voicing accessible device (voicing
all menus and supporting fully structured DAISY books) then we'll know they
truly know how to deliver full accessibility to our users!!

Thanks!
Lara Long
Literacy Product Manager
m: 512.771.4257
skype: scillong
http://twitter.com/soolara
http://twitter.com/bookshare

From: Tammy Blaker <wyomiia@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:wyomiia@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:03:36 -0800
To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: for mystery fans: Eye of the Law, #5 of the
Burren mysteries is being readied for the collection

I don't know who to send this to, but it is information I'm sure a lot of
people in Bookshare would want to know  about.  It works with JAWS and other
screen readers.

Dear blind-interest@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:blind-interest@xxxxxxxxxx> subscriber,
Amazon.com is releasing a new version of Kindle for PC that adds accessibility
features designed for blind and low-vision customers.
Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plugin is a free, downloadable application for
your Windows PC. It provides the following accessibility features:
text-to-speech reading with adjustable voice settings, voice-guided menu
navigation, large font sizes, high contrast reading mode, keyboard navigation,
and accessible shortcuts.
With this software, for the first time ever, the entire collection of English
language books in the Kindle Store can be read aloud. With over 750,000 English
language titles, Amazon offers the largest selection of accessible ebooks. In
order to use the text-to-speech feature, an external screen reader program must
be installed and running on the Windows PC.
The free download is available at
www.amazon.com/kindle/accessibility<http://www.amazon.com/kindle/accessibility>.
We welcome your feedback at
kindle-PC-accessibility-feedback@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:kindle-PC-accessibility-feedback@xxxxxxxxxx>.
Sincerely,
The Kindle Team

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Cindy
<popularplace@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 Deborah Murray submitted Eye of the Law by Cora Harrison which is
the fifth installment in the Burren mystery series by Cora Harrison. and Kim
Friedman is proofing, so it should be in the collection fairly soon.