[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: Wishlist Request and a Question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:15:35 -0500

Volume 1 was one of the volumes which expressed a great deal of contempt for so called "less civilized" peoples. It also was written in the thirties making much of what is in it extremely outdated. It might be read just for that outdated time capsule perception of people. Amazing stuff really and horrifying in some ways.

E.

At 11:05 AM 2/13/2009, you wrote:
Started volume I, got bogged down in the potery descriptions. I need to give that another go.
----- Original Message ----- From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "A.  J.  Nolte" <a.j.nolte@xxxxxxxxx
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:46:09 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Wishlist Request and a Question

Woe, do they have that one? I'll have to check it out.
Guns of August was actually recommended in my grad intro to IR
class, and I
liked what I read of her book on the fourteenth century, A
Distant Mirror.