[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: Wishlist Request and a Question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:13:05 -0500

I validated several volumes of his work. His perspectives are extremely dated in my opinion many of them expressing condescending attitudes to non-whites, women and non-western culture. Some of it is so ingrained that I am sure he did not even realize he was being patronizing. Many of the books were also written a good long time ago. Lots of historical research material his now available to historians. If you want to use those huge volumes as a starting point, that may be fine but please branch out to explore other writers.

At 10:59 AM 2/13/2009, you wrote:
Have you read any of the Story of Civilization by Durant?

Kelby