[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: The Crusades

  • From: popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:15:42 -0700 (PDT)

This one might be interesting even if it is mini text. The author seems to have
god credentials. I'll add it in the meantime and look some more  maybe I can
find the Runisman in the library for purposesof adding to the list.

Cindyhe RunisdmanJerusalem remained a battlefield for almost 200 years. The
Crusades gave rise to the sMilitary Orders of the Templars and Hospitallers,
and were a backdrop to the careers of some of history's most famous leaders
including Richard 'The Lionheart' and Saladin. On occasion the savagery of the
Crusaders left their opponents reeling, creating frictions that survived for
more than 700 years. At the same time, as this book lavishly illustrates, art,
architecture and learning all benefited from new knowledge the Crusaders
brought back from the East.
Booknews

This lavishly illustrated mini-text introduces readers to the hundreds of years
of conflict commonly known in Western history as the Crusades. The author
(affiliation unknown) details topics such as who the warring sides were and how
certain battles played out, as well as providing portraits of foot soldiers and
civilians involved at a variety of levels in the conflicts. Color and b&w
photographs, maps, and drawings highlight both the details of some of the
campaigns and the rich artistic and architectural heritage of the period.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
More Reviews and Recommendations
Biography

David Nicolle PhD was born in 1944 and was educated at Highgate School. For
eight years he worked in the BBC Arabic Service. In 1971 he went 'back to
school', gaining an MA from the School of Oriental and African Studies and a
PhD from Edinburgh University. For some years he taught art and architectural
history at Yarmuk University, Jordan.. David has written many Osprey titles,
including Men-at-Arms 140 ‘Armies of the Ottoman Turks’, Men-at-Arms 320
‘Armies of the Caliphates 862–1098’, and Campaign 43 ‘Fornovo 1495’.
AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm