[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Comparison Shopping

  • From: Pat Ferguson <patferguson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:42:10 -0600

Hi Roger,

The Victor Reader Stream has a one-year Warranty from the time of your purchase.

HumanWare is very good about replacing them under warranty.

I can't count the number of Victor Reader Streams we have sold, and we've only had a few warranty issues, which are handled directly through HumanWare.

HumanWare is a great company.

I absolutely love my Victor Reader Stream.

Everyone has been giving correct information here. <smile>

Thanks.

Pat Ferguson

At 05:56 PM 7/23/2008, you wrote:
Thank you. I still want some comments from others on this list. Also, there is another very good question I forgot to ask specifically. Considering that I have had two other Victor products that broke way too soon I wonder about how reliable the Stream is. It is the many features that impress me, but I know that the more features something has the more features there are to break down. That was some advice I got about car buying a long time ago and from what I have seen of car owners with all the options it is true. So how long have you had your Victor Stream? Has it needed repairs? How long is the warranty? I want a variety of opinions so I am asking anyone who is reading this and who has any knowledge of the subject to respond. In a message dated 7/23/2008 4:47:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, tgore@xxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Roger,

I don't know about the Victor Wave, but the Victor Reader Stream
is possibly the best purchase you can make this year.  You can
use it for Bookshare books both in DAISY and BRF formats.  You
can also use it for NLS Digital Talking Books and Web Braille.
It will also play your RFB&D downloads as well.

I just love mine.

HTH

Thom

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. <http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020>Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.