[bookshare-discuss] Re: correcting books after download

  • From: "Don Bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:15:30 -0700

Hi Shelley,

Maybe I'll give the global replacement thing a try as I am reading the book in
my braillenote.

Is there some way you guys use to indicate when a book has been replaced with a
better copy?  Just trying to figure out how to know the book has been
replaced so I can redownload if my cheapo editing doesn't work.

Thanks,

Don

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:57:04 -0400, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote:

Don, thanks for the heads up on the quality of Independence Without Sight
and Sound, I had a copy of the book but didn't want to work on it if there
was one in the collection.  I will take that one to edit and will replace
the one in the collection.

I would think for you, that it would might be a good idea to do some global
replacements, this is of course possible if you are using a notetaker.

If you aren't, and using a Braille display, then I would try the Daisy book,
and save one of the files as a .html file and save that as text and then do
the replacements, like corn.  Which is caused by brightness.  But thanks
for bringing that to my attention and to the volunteers attention.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com