[bookshare-discuss] book request

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:05:47 -0400

I have just heard parts of an interview on the Diane Rehm show of Peter Berger called In Praise of Doubt. He discusses the idea that if different sides of an issue are sure of their position, no negotiation can take place. If they admit doubts, things can be resolved.

His book is called In Praise of Doubt.

Also, another much older book by him, the Sacred Canopy, a classic in sociology of religion, has only a good rating and, I think, should be listed as fair. When I tried to read it a few years ago, some of his arguments were obscured by gibberish. To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx