[bookshare-discuss] Re: blindisms et al

  • From: Shannon <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:58:28 -0500

I've never had anyone ask me if I wrote songs. Mostly I get told that I inspire people because I... I don't know... don't wallow in how crappy it is to be blind? I can ignore that kind of thing from someone I don't interact with very much, but it's irritating coming from, say, the woman who gets called in to read my test answers for me or the man at the grocery store helping me shop. I've learned to smile and thank people and store up the smart ass comments for conversations with sympathetic friends.

Shannon

At 12:47 AM 6/16/2008, Elfqueen wrote:
LOLOLOL! Did someone ask you that? Wow! That goes beyond weird...that's amazingly weird! I don't like walking in the rain either. It's distracting.

I once had a lady come up to me out of the blue, and ask me if I wrote songs? Incidentally, I do, and said yes. Hymns? Were they hymns? Yes, I had written some hymns, but how did she know all this about me? Well, she knew about Fanny Krosby, and since Fanny Krosby was blind and wrote songs, and I was blind too, I must write songs. LOL! I love it.