[bookshare-discuss] an interview

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:05:43 -0400

Bookshare has done it again!  Yesterday afternoon, I heard part of an
interview with Jonathan Alter, author of the Book The promise, about
President Obama's first year in office.  Alter is a Newsweek correspondent
editor.  He appeared as part of the Author's series at the Louisville Free
Public Library.

I did what I usually do.  I searched on Bookshare, and there it was.

As I believed I said before, I used to hear interviews with a certain amount
of dread because I knew that whatever book was being discussed wouldn't be
available for at least two years, if ever.  Now, the number of times a
current book is available continues to increase.

Another example is that a few weeks ago, I heard an interview by Diane Rehm
of Anna Quindlen about her book Every Last One.  It is now on the site.

BTW, if you want to hear the Jonathan Alter interview, it is either
available now or shortly at  www.wfpl.org.  The program is called State of
Affairs.