[bookshare-discuss] "Wolves of the Calla" update

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:23:53 -0800

Okay, since LIsa mentioned having downloaded the entire book, I decided to try
again.  I went on Bookshare.org and searched for WOlves, where only one result
was found.  I clicked on the title to get its description, out of curiosity.
The Daisy format is said to be 723k, while the BRF format is only 519k.   At
723k, the Daisy file would have to have fewer than one kilobyte (one thousand
twenty-four letters and/or punctuation) per page, because the book is at
*least* 723 pages long.  That's not leaving any room for Bookshare's notices
and such at the beginning of each book.  I'm not writing this to flame Lisa by
any means ... I *want* to download this book!  <Grin>  I'm just wondering what
happened, and if the book *is* somewhere on the system in its entirety if
there's any way of restoring it.