[bookshare-discuss] Wishlist request

  • From: "Francesca M. Marinaro" <poetprodigy7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:05:53 +0000

Hello everyone,
I'd like to request the following book:
(Not that you Asked):Rants, Exploits, and Obsessions by Steve Almond
        Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
        Pub. Date: July 2008
        ISBN-13: 9780812977592
Synopsis:
How does Steve Almond get himself into so much trouble? Could it be his
incessant moralizing? His generally poor posture? The fact that he was raised
by a pack of wolves? Frankly, we haven’t got a clue. What we do know is that
Almond has a knack for converting his dustups into essays that are both funny
and furious. In (Not that You Asked), he squares off against Sean Hannity on
national TV, nearly gets arrested for stealing “Sta-Hard” gel from his local
pharmacy, and winds up in Boston, where he quickly enrages the entire
population of the Red Sox Nation. Almond is, as they say in Yiddish, a tumbler.
The essays in (Not that You Asked) will make you laugh out loud, or, maybe just
as likely, hurl the book across the room. Either way, you’ll find Steve Almond
savagely entertaining. Not that you asked.

--

Jon 20:19
"If you're willing to change the world, let love