[bookshare-discuss] Unpack Problem

  • From: "Monica Ballard" <MBallard1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:43:04 -0400

    I'm having problems with the Unpack tool after reinstalling Windows
after a major PC disaster.  I reinstalled the Unpack tool, and the Daisy
reader (and everything else on the computer.)   When I try and unpack a
Daisy book, I get an error that says "Bookshare.org Book Unpack has
encountered a problem and needs to close."  It then invites me to send an
error report to Microsoft.  It only seems to happen with Daisy files, .brs
files unpack just fine.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the unpack
tool.  I've tried  redownloading a book.  I think the error is occurring
after the password check.  If I enter an incorrect password it returns the
expected error message.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what else I
can try?

Monica