[bookshare-discuss] To Amber G About Wish List Books

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:13:33 -0400

Hi, Amber. Submitters are responsible for obtaining books to scan, and that's partially why wish list requests are filled so slowly. Bookshare doesn't have a pool of books that people can just offer to scan. You can get the book by either borrowing the book from your public library, buying it at a bookstore, or buying it used from http://www.half.com . Finally, if someone requests a book, they can arrange to mail it to someone who is willing to scan it. I don't think people realize this is an option when they place a request. In this case, the wish was made a long time back, and I don't know who made it. So unless someone speaks up, you will need to track down a copy of this book.

Monica Willyard

Amber wrote:
I want to scan After Midnight by Richard Layman byt I just see the titles on the wish list. I was asking How do I get the book its self thanks, Amber G.