[bookshare-discuss] Re: T Victor Reader Stream

  • From: "Kerri Kosten" <wvusuperfan22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 01:00:37 -0400

Hi Rita and Others:

Send a blank message with the word subscribe in the subject line to:
vrstream-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have a stream yet, but am considering getting one.

I am not sure how to copy cds on it, but I would guess you rip the cd to your computer then copy the files to your SD card. I don't think the stream however supports WMA though, so if you rip using Windows Media Player, you'll have to use a program like Soundtaxi to convert the files to mp3 before putting it on the stream.

That is how I understand it however...I don't have a stream though but that is how I think you do it. You might want to send a message to the stream list though once you are subscribed.

Do you like the stream?
How is it for music?

Like I said, I am considering one. I got a Rio mp3 player for christmas in 2004 and it no longer works. At first I was going to get the Ipod nano 8 gig but now I am considering the stream. I am a student and most of my books come from RFDB, so I could use it to portably listen to those books instead of having to listen to them on my laptop. The thing is though, I don't read much so would mainly be using the stream for music...is it good for music?

Thanks so much and hope that helps,
Kerri
----- Original Message ----- From: "rita weyler" <ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>