[bookshare-discuss] Re: Searching Question.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 16:35:16 -0500

Hi Barb,

Sometimes the Bookshare search results just seem wiggy to me. So what I'm doing nowadays to find books on Bookshare by a specific author is find any book by that author, then clicking on the link that's the author's name on that book's page. That takes me to the author's page on Bookshare. The author's page does a great job for me of finding every book in the collection that's by that author. I know this doesn't explain why the searches you're doing with bookshare's search don't come up with the results you'd expect, but maybe this way of searching might at least make it less frustrating. smile.

I just logged in to Bookshare and did this to find Debbie Macomber's author page, which took me to https://www.bookshare.org/browse/author?key=Debbie%20Macomber

When I did that, all of her books that have been published in the Rose Harbor series so far are listed there, by their titles (When First They Met, The Inn at Rose Harbor,Rose Harbor in Bloom, and Love Letters).

There are times when this search doesn't give me every book by an author either. That happens when the author has published books under more than one version of their name. Then their titles are split across different author pages, one page for each version of their name. That can be pretty frustrating, too.

Judy s.

Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 8/9/2015 3:33 PM, Barb O'Connor wrote:

I am reading a series by Debbie Macomber, entitled "Rose Harbor". So far, there are 2 different short stories that are apart of this series. The first book that you are supposed to read is shown as .5. Then you have book 1, book 1.5, book 2, book 3, and book 3.5. What I am noticing, when searching for these .5 books that appear to be short stories, is that they are not listed when you search by author, in this case, Debbie Macomber. If, however, you search by the title of the story, you find it. Why does this happen? Debbie Macomber's name does appear in the title when you find the short story. Is this some sort of bug in the search or is there some explanation for this?
Thanks for your response.
Barb O'Connor