[bookshare-discuss] Re: Robert E. Howard

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:13:37 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the sites. That's not exactly what I was looking for but that helps. I was more interested in readers' opinions since there are science fiction and fantasy fans on this list. Also there is a question of whether the books are legally available for download in the US. Apparently they aren't in the public domain which is what I thought. I wanted his death date which a site gave me so that helps. I would still like to see if he wrote anything before 1923 which would make it public domain but I doubt it. Oh well. The books are available cheap if someone wanted to scan them though. It is unclear to me what books are fantasy, western, etc. I'll have to do more looking to determine that.

Anyway, I found a new author I'm intereste in that I didn't know about before, and that's always a nice surprise. Thanks.