[bookshare-discuss] Resubmissions was The Hornet's nest

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 23:00:02 -0400

Actually I think you can do a replacement submission three ways.

1. Download the book from the collection, edit it, and submit as a new book,
with a comment stating that it is a "replacement".

2. Scan a replacement copy of a book in the collection, usually in my case
if it takes more to edit than it does to rescan.  Submit as a "new book" and
then note that it is a replacement.

3. Get the file from an administrator, repair, and upload, or as the
volunteer list calls it "kick the book to the download list".

I did method two on this book, and after scanning a book, I usually go
through on the Braillenote and edit the book removing junk characters,
repairing punctuation as I go, and fixing anything else that seems amiss.
But to do this, I have to at least like the book, or be interested in the
subject.

I almost always read my books before submitting them, except when I know
someone else wants to validate it.

I can't get into this book!  Just like Flight from a Firing Wall, I just
can't read it, and it is well not my taste of books.  So... I have a "raw
scan" and I am not to adept at using the Kurzweil tools, I keep telling
myself I shall learn, but haven't yet.

So I was wondering if anyone would take the "raw scan" and clean it up a
bit, remove junk characters and run a spell check and validate it.

As it is one of the "fair list" books.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council