[bookshare-discuss] Re: Problem with reading #2

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:18:11 -0400

Can you clear up how you're going about opening a file (i.e., what steps
you're taking)? I use FSReader also, and I haven't experienced this. When
you say that Adobe's appeared in the opening menu, can you elaborate? If you
open FSReader, hit CTRL+O, then hit ALT+H or TAB to and activate the Change
Directory button in the Open dialog, then browse to the folder where you
keep your Bookshare files, FSReader should present you with a list of DAISY
titles, and you'd just select one, and off you'd be. Is this what you're
doing? If not, like I said, how are you going about opening a file, and
which, exact, type of file are you trying to open (OPF, XML, NCX, SMIL,
HTM)? You remove programs in the Add/Remove Programs applet of Control
Panel, but let's see if we can resolve this without trashing Adobe Reader.

Thanks,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic
AIM: MCKristic