[bookshare-discuss] OT humor for my reading friends

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:00:18 -0400

Dear Friends,

Below is a bit of humor a friend who puts up with the fact that when I'm not
reading I'm talking about reading.

I'm not starting a trend. I'm only passing this on because it's about a reader.
I don't come across much readers' humor.

It is for adults, so you may not want to read any further, but there are no bad
words and I don't think it's grubby or tacky, just funny. But humor is
subjective, so please don't take this seriously or read it if you suspect it
isn't for you. Please either laugh with me or excuse me.

Always with love,

Lissi

  Never argue with a woman
  One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to
 take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife
  decides to take the boat out.  She motors out a short distance,anchors, and
reads her book.

  Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and
says, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"

  "Reading a book," she replies, (thinking, "Isn't that obvious?")

  "You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.

  "I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading."

  "Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any
moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

  "If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault." says the woman.

  "But I haven't even touched you." says the game warden.

  "That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start
at any moment."

  "Have a nice day ma'am." and he left.

  MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.