[bookshare-discuss] Re: [OT] Latin

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:54:17 -0500

Cindy,

Your instincts were correct.  The amamis is not right.  It should read
amamus, just like salutamus.  The entire, first conjugation, present form or
amare reads like this:

Amo
Amas
Amat
Amamus
Amatis
Amant

Your sentenses are essentially correct.  Latin uses non instead of "no" in
your last sentence.  As I said in my other message, verbs often end up at
the end of sentenses.

Let me know if you need more refreshing information.

Pratik Patel
Interim Director
Office of Special Services
Queens College