[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: Barney

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 08:59:09 -0800

Hi Jamie!

I know that I am in the adult minority, but I really liked Barney. His focus on kindness, respect for self and others, and fairness were things that I focussed on, probably as annoyingly as Barney does when I worked in child care. I have to say though, the kids on the show are kind of fake though. They needed better kid actors.

Just my unpopular opinion about Barney.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 06:59 AM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
I think people have issues with Barney because he can be a little annoying! But before I had kids I swore no way was Barney ever coming in my house. Well guess what? If you have children who watch Sesame Street, you're probably going to have children who also watch Barney. And he's not so bad. He sings cute songs, the kids like to dance along with him, and it's a semi-educational show. Barney has a couple of friends, BJ and Baby Bop. They are brother and sister.

One of my oldest son's favorite books was a Baby Bop book called Where Are My Shoes? Baby Bop can't find her shoes and she goes through the whole house trying on shoes which are not hers. It's repetitive like These are not my shoes! These are cowboy boots. These are not my shoes! These are . . .

I should try to find the book and scan it. I know we don't own it anymore. My husband got so tired of hearing that book!

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Goose in the Pond - Earlene Fowler
<http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-1683725-3216886?sid=Email120107>Join Audible Now and Get TWO FREE DOWNLOADS!