[bookshare-discuss] O'Reilly Content

  • From: Rajiv Shah <rmshah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:45:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi listers,

Several years back, Bookshare had announced an agreement with O'Reilly books.
As a result, we members were able to receive good quality tech books with
error-free programming code. Since the recent website changes over the last
month, however, I have noticed that this content has disappeared. For example,
I recently tried to download the HTML reference I have used for years "HTML and
XHTML the Definitive Guide." I was sad to find that this is no longer
available. Instead, I had to settle for a scanned-in reference which contained
some errors. Of course, with programming, as others in the field would also
attest, accuracy is of utmost importance. For example, tabindex="1" is quite
different from tabindex="l". Notice that the latter is erroneous.

Can anyone in the know provide clarification on where this material may have
gone?

Thanks. Rajiv