[bookshare-discuss] Re: Low Interest loans for assistive technology

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:51:57 -0600

Hi Shelley,

Illinois has that type of setup.  Ours is called the Illinois Assistive
Technology Project.  If they have what you want on hand you can borrow
equipment and test drive it for a couple of weeks, or it may be for a month.
We also have a loaner program for telephone access which is a branch of the
same program.  Sighted deaf or deaf-blind people can get phone systems on
loan.  I have the Braillephone, which can be used for face to face
communication as well as phone conversation.  This part of the program works
like NLS tape players/talking books.  You may keep the equipment for as long
as you live in our state, but if you move you must turn it in.

As usual I have practically written a book when a few words would do the
trick.  <lol>.

Sue S.