[bookshare-discuss] Low Interest loans for assistive technology

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Aernet list serv" <aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:16:47 -0500

I went to our state's Assistive Technology Expo, and learned quite a lot,
and had a chance to "test drive" some of the technology that I have been
wanting to get my mitts on, smile.  Anyway.  In the process of getting
information in the exhibit hall I came across an organization in
Pennsylvania that has low interest loans for assistive technology at a very
low interest rate.

I had Heard that other states have this type of set up, I saw an article
about Massachusetts what other states offer such a grant program?

Pennsylvania's is under the Pennsylvania assistive Technology Association.

I am curious, as this is a wonderful resource for technology funding, and
yet, it is a loan that can be paid back.  Especially for people out of the
Rehabilitation system.  And who don't have a lot of collateral, to put up
for a standard loan.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council