[bookshare-discuss] Re: Lovely response from an author of a graphic novel

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Fruchterman <jim.f@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:33:49 -0700 (PDT)

You're probably too young to remember this, but many
years ago when there was a newspaper strike, the
comics were read aloud on the radio. Remember, George?
Was it in the forties? Or was it only on the East
Coast, where I lived at the time.

It would be nice if there were a web site where
newspaper comics and comic books and graphic novels
could be read. I'll bet lots of people would tune in.
Does anyone have money to invest? smile I wonder if
this is something bookshare could expand into.

Jim F--do you know anybody like Bill Gates or google
people and s this some way benetech could expand
bookshare's reach?

G.Cindy

G.Cindy'

--- Rick Roderick <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cindy,
>
> Here is a related topic.
>
> Those of us who are congenitally blind have never
> had access to comic books.
> My parents didn't encourage them, but I would
> sometimes hear them read to me
> at a camp I attended during childhood.
>
> In the same way, political cartoons and newspaper
> comics can't be
> reproduced, though a few radio reading services read
> them.
>
> I have always wanted to hear Dilbert, for example.

> Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/