[bookshare-discuss] Re: Important Questions

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:51:07 -0500

Re: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Important Questions
HEAR HEAR!!

Sue S.

From: Robert Martinengo <accessible.text@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:39:14 -0400
To: Bookshare-discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey folks, after my first posting, I only responded to other postings.

Just thought you might want to check out this nice story that mentions
Bookshare (with a live link), thanks to me:

...Robert Martinengo's presentation on reading technologies for the
disabled was particularly important. The blind and visually impaired
are voracious readers, and e-books can easily be converted into
Braille or spoken books. Martinengo also noted the work of
Bookshare.org, a nonprofit online library for the blind and print
disabled.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6454467.html

So, sorry to disturb your friendly little list - wont happen again.

[bookshare-discuss] Re: Important Questions

    * From: Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    * To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Martinengo
<accessible.text@xxxxxxxxx>
    * Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:34:46 -0700

Hi Robert,

Several of the mailing list members and I are getting concerned about the
amount of postings you are making to the list on this topic.

I'd like to ask you to put it on hold and perhaps send me the name of a
mailing list where members can get more information on the subject if they
are interested. This list is for our members to discuss books and other
topics related to  Bookshare specifically. While your topic is relevant and
interesting, I think it's gotten more than enough coverage for now.

Thanks, Lisa
Manager, bookshare.org