[bookshare-discuss] Re: I'm new to this list

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:31:12 -0500

You can request as many titles as you want. The problem is that it must catch the attention of a volunteer and then the volunteer has to acquire a hardcopy, scan it, submit it and then it has to be proofread. All that means that it could take a while before your request is fulfilled if it ever is. To make a request send it to wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx The volunteers get a weekly email with the list attached. They then browse the list and if they want to tackle any books listed there they proceed to do so. It might be a good idea to register as a volunteer too if you want to participate in getting books into the Bookshare collection.

On 12/30/2011 1:22 PM, Kenny Peyatt wrote:
On 12/30/2011 1:12 PM, Tyler wrote:
Hello, Bookshare list. I am new to this newsgroup, and I am just curious. Can we request
book titles here? Books to be transcribed?
Tyler Z

Hi tylor Welcom to the list. Yes you can request book titles here but I think you can request only one title.
Kenny Peyatt
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.