[bookshare-discuss] Re: Great news about Bookshare.org

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:13:33 -0400

It is also a great opportunity for the rest of us, as well.

Now that I am retired, I can once again become a student.  I love to read
some of the college-level textbooks because they often provide surveys of
subject that I can study in more detail later.

This is also great because it shows that efficiency does not mean lower
quality.  The fact that these books will be available in both braille and
speech is significant  because People who are DeafBlind or blind and hard of
hearing are not being shut out.

And then, of course, we can turn the saying of Pogo on its head, "We have
met our friends, and they are us!"  Bookshare is us, not them, or, perhaps,
us and them altogether.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:46 PM