[bookshare-discuss] Fw: ACCESSIBLE WORLD AND BOOKS AND BEYOND PRESENT BOB ASKEY, FORMER NLS NARRATOR, WEDNESDAY DEC. 7, 2011

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 14:53:26 -0800

    Newswire:

If you enjoy books by James Herriot, John Jakes, Lillian Jackson Braun, John
Grisham,  Dick Francis,  or Dana Fuller Ross, you are familiar with his
narration.  Bob                         Askey narrated audio books from 1975 to
2005 and estimates he read more than 800 books throughout his three decade
career. Born in Omaha Nebraska, Bob Graduated from the University of Nebraska
with a degree in Broadcast Communications. He worked in radio as a morning disc
jockey and weather man for a number of years before the opportunity to narrate
books came his way.

How does he feel about the use of accents for characters in novels? How did his
delivery as a narrator change over time? What did he find most rewarding about
this  work? What are Bob Askey's  7 stars to steer by?

Now retired in Longmont Colorado with his wife Jackie,  Bob has two sons and
several grandchildren.

If you want to meet a man who is a legend, I invite you to our next show.
During our time together,  Bob Askey will read a sample of his  work. He is not
only a legend but a person who is and will always be a rich history of talking
books. I promise you a real treat in meeting a kind gentle man loved by many.
For details about how to attend this exciting interview  with Bob, please read
the details below. I can't wait for Wednesday and hope you feel the same.

Bonnie Blose, Host,

Books And Beyond,

E-Mail: bookmaven1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wednesday, December 7,      2011

Time: 5:00 PM Pst,   6:00 PM MST, 7:00 PM CST,  8:00 PM EST,

and elsewhere in the world Thursday,   1:00 GMT.

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to

The Books and Beyond Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs3cfe7424e06c

Or, alternatively,

Select The Books and Beyond Room at: www.accessibleworld.org

Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing

software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download

and then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to

the Accessible World rooms.

All online interactive programs are free of charge, and open to anyone

worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers, and a sound

card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the presenters and

others in the virtual audience. To speak to us, hold down the control key

and let up to listen. If no microphone is available, you may text chat with

the attendees.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the

topic and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The

lists are announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum. You can join the

Accessible World Announce List, the Tek Talk Announce List or the Sports

Talk Announce List by completing the form at:

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World

818-998-0044

Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Marcia Moses, Events Coordinator

Accessible World

734-495-1496

Email: mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Hoffman, President

Talking Communities

Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)

not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the

disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly

relevant information about new products, services, and training

opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access

barriers that adversely affect them.

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used computers to
us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer, please mail us at the
above address.