[bookshare-discuss] Desiree

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:43:08 -0700 (PDT)

I downloaded Desiree for validation because I have the
book from which it was scanned (I think it was Alison
who scanned it, but I don't quite remember). However,
I'm not going to be able to get to it for a while. I
looked at it quickly, and it seems to be in excellent
shape -- no garbage, and the only words that showed in
a short spell-check were names, and English spelling
of words, like parlour instead of parlor.

In case someone wants to validate it, I'll release it
rather than renew it. If you run into any problems or
have any questions I can get the book (I left it at
home but I can get it next week) and answer them for
you.

Desiree is historical fiction about the first love of
Napoleon's life -- pre-Josephine. If I remember
correctly, and it was years ago that I read the book,
which was a best-seller and very enjoyable reading, he
married her but later divorced her for Josephine.
Whether I remember the marriage part correctly or not,
he arranged for her marriage, which was very happy,
with Count Bernadotte of Sweden and that established
that royal line.

If the book is still on the download list in a few
weeks when I can get to it, I'll validate it with
pleasure. I probably should have left it there in the
first place.

http://vote.yahoo.com